I love stuffed mushrooms! These are good hot or cold.
Large mushrooms for stuffing 5-6
1 anchovy fillet in oil (optional)
1 cup plain breadcrumbs
2 garlic cloves, chopped finely
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon honey
1 handful fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
1/4 teaspoon each kosher salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 200 degrees
Gently wipe the mushrooms with a damp paper towel to clean them. Remove the stems and reserve.
Chop the mushroom stems, anchovy and garlic. Place in a bowl with the bread mixture, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the mushroom stems and bread mixture and saute for 5 minutes.
Lay the mushroom caps on an oiled tray, hollowed side up. Lightly salt and fill with the bread mixture. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and drizzle each with honey and olive oil.
You can sprinkle with a little parmesan reggiano if you like. Bake about 15 minutes until soft and they are ready to serve.
- Stuffed Mushrooms (meatballsandmilkshakes.com)
- Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms with Sausage and Kale (lattesandleggings.com)
- Antipasti and Primi Courses (jovinacooksitalian.com)
- Sweet ‘N’ Spicy Stuffed Mushrooms (dovediscoveries.wordpress.com)
- Crab Stuffed Portobella Mushrooms (foodforays.com)