It was probably inevitable that cranberries would be associated with Christmas. Their bright, shiny red color and their winter availability primed them for use on the table and the tree. Slow to spoil, they hold up for the entire twelve days of Christmas and longer.
The earliest American Christmas trees in the 1840s were decorated with homemade ornaments of fruits, nuts, candies, and other “sweetmeats,” and it could not have taken long for the woman of the house to thread a large needle and string cranberries with popped corn to make a red and white holiday garland.
- 5oz of white chocolate chips
- 1 cup of sweetened dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup of sliced almonds
- Re-hydrate cranberries in water over high heat in a small pot until they plump up, remove from heat and liquid, set aside let cool.
- Toast the almonds over medium low in a small pan, tossing frequently until they are a golden brown, remove from heat, give it a rough chop, set asid
- Melt chocolate over a double boiler with the water simmering. Stir with a rubber spatula until it becomes a smooth texture, immediately remove from heat and pour into a 9×9 sheet pan with parchment paper on the bottom, spread evenly.
- Working quickly sprinkle the almonds evenly over the chocolate, then the cranberries and lastly, working from the top corner to the bottom drizzle the honey quickly and horizontally, not too thick or it will be too sticky. A very thin layer will almost not be seen but will be tasted. Let chocolate set before breaking apart and placing in an air tight container.
- Cranberry Week – Honey Cranberry Fudge Pie (romancingthebee.com)
- Cranberry Week – Honey Whole Cranberry Sauce (romancingthebee.com)
- Cranberry Week – Scalloped Sweet Potatoes With Cranberries and Honey (romancingthebee.com)
- Honey Cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies (romancingthebee.com)
- Cranberry Week – Honey Cranberry Spinach Salad With Bacon, Blue Cheese and Pecans (romancingthebee.com)
- Cranberry Week – Cheery Cranberry Cocktails (romancingthebee.com)
- Cranberry Week – Honey Cranberry White Chocolate Cupcakes (romancingthebee.com)
- Cranberry Week – Roast Pork Tenderloin With Honey Cranberry Stuffing (romancingthebee.com)
- Cranberry Week – Honey Cranberry Chicken Pecan Tea Sandwiches (romancingthebee.com)
- Cranberry Week – Wild Rice Pilaf With Honey, Dried Cranberries, and Pecans (romancingthebee.com)