Smoked salmon is another good Winter Solstice dish. Serve these bruschetta with the Winter Solstice cocktail!
Yield: 4-6 servings
1 loaf seven grain bread, sliced on diagonal into 1/4-inch thick slices
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Canola oil, to brush bread
Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
3 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
2 tablespoons honey
2 to 3 tomatoes, thinly sliced
8 ounces smoked salmon, sliced paper thin
1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
Juice of 1 lemon
Dill fronds, for garnish
Preheat a grill pan over high heat. Brush the bread with canola oil, salt and pepper. Grill the bread until slightly charred on each side, about 30 seconds per side.
Remove the bread to a cutting board and drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Combine honey and mustard in a small bowl.
Spread the bread with honey mustard and put sliced tomato on each slice of bread. Drizzle with honey mustard and top with a few slices of smoked salmon. Add another drizzle of honey mustard and top with black pepper and a sprig of dill.
Whisk together a few tablespoons of lemon juice and a few tablespoons of the extra-virgin olive oil and drizzle over the tops. Garnish with dill fronds.
- Winter Salads – Maytag Blue Cheese Salad (romancingthebee.com)
- Bruschetta (joinusfordinner.wordpress.com)
- Honey Mustard BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches – Slow Cooker Week (lovebugandsweetiegirl.com)
- Holidays With Honey – Smoked Salmon And Caviar Roll Ups (romancingthebee.com)
- Holidays With Honey – Potato Zucchini Croquettes With Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce (romancingthebee.com)