The pomegranate has been used throughout history and in almost every religion as a symbol of humanity’s most fundamental beliefs and desires, including life and death, rebirth and eternal life, fertility and marriage, abundance and prosperity. Almost every aspect of the pomegranate has come to symbolize something . . . its shape, color, seeds, juice.
It’s very fitting that the Winter Solstice cocktail should feature pomegranate juice.
2 oz vodka
3/4 oz fresh lemon juice
1/2 oz pomegranate juice
1 oz honey
Add vodka, lemon juice, pomegranate juice, and honey to a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake and strain into a short or highball glass with ice. Garnish with an orange wedge. Drink up and repeat!
- Holidays With Honey – Honey Eggnog (romancingthebee.com)
- Holidays With Honey – Honey Peppermint Truffles (romancingthebee.com)
- Hanukkah Cocktail: The Bees Knees (putneyfarm.com)
- Holly Jolly Cocktails! (cpandb.wordpress.com)
- Cranberry Week – Cheery Cranberry Cocktails (romancingthebee.com)
- Fabulous Festive Friday Cosmo Cocktail (angiesgrapevine.wordpress.com)
- Winter Solstice (barnabyd.wordpress.com)