It’s always some “month” or another, I guess…
But I do love poetry, especially great poetry, and I can’t keep myself from taking this opportunity to post a few of my favorites.
I’m not going to post them every day because April is too busy with beekeeping and gardening. But I will sneak them in from time to time.
Here is a snippet from T.S. Eliot’s Choruses from The Rock. I know it by heart. I hope you enjoy it too.
O Light Invisible, we praise Thee!
Too bright for mortal vision.
O Greater Light, we praise Thee for the less;
The eastern light our spires touch at morning,
The light that slants upon our western doors at evening,
The twilight over stagnant pools at batflight,
Moon light and star light, owl and moth light,
Glow-worm glowlight on a grassblade.
O Light Invisible, we worship Thee!
We thank Thee for the light that we have kindled,
The light of altar and of sanctuary;
Small lights of those who meditate at midnight
And lights directed through the coloured panes of windows
And light reflected from the polished stone,
The gilded carven wood, the coloured fresco.
Our gaze is submarine, our eyes look upward
And see the light that fractures through unquiet water.
We see the light but see not whence it comes.
O Light Invisible, we glorify Thee!
- National Poetry Month (poemattic.wordpress.com)
- National Poetry Month (scribesglobal.com)
- April is National Poetry Month! (bloomingedu.wordpress.com)
- April is National Poetry Month (lorettaboyermcclellan.wordpress.com)
- Happy National Poetry Month (blatherskiteblog.com)
- April Poetry Challenges Have Begun (2voices1song.com)
- Cruel April’s Fool (writersite.org)