My two new hives of Buckfast bees had a rocky start.
They hated the plastic foundation I was using and built comb almost everywhere else. From the ceiling of the Hive cover mostly…
I replaced the plastic foundation with wax and they were a bit happier. Not a pretty sight from the inside however.
Now Hive Number Two seems to have slipped a bit from its moorings. This will be fixed ASAP.
The good news is that both hives are happy and healthy and prospering! I couldn’t ask for anything more!!
- A Tale of Two Queens (lencionidesign.wordpress.com)
- Beautiful Beekeeping – I Was Framed! (romancingthebee.com)
- Beautiful Beekeeping – If It Isn’t Broken… (romancingthebee.com)
- Four Things My Hobby Taught Me About Finding Work (forbes.com)
- New Hive(s) – Installation Update (beesomebody.wordpress.com)
- Bee Update – June 22 2013 (comptonverneylandscapegarden.wordpress.com)